Linkwest Members: Build your Facebook Page by 'making friends' and win a digital still/video camera!
We at Linkwest, have set our member Centres a challenge. Not to climb Mt Everest, not to conquer a fear, not to bungee jump: but to get as many friends as you can on your Centre's Facebook Page.
When Mark Zuckerburg created Facebook with his roommates in 2004, little did he know that it would make him a billionaire. Now it’s your turn to use your Centre’s Facebook Page to connect with people, organisations and your community. Gain advice and support from your Facebook friends and use Facebook as a lobbying tool by showing funders and legislators just how much support you have.
Did you know that Organisations with less than 30 friends do not show up in Facebook searches?
Sad but true. To help overcome this obstacle to your Facebook success, Linkwest challenges Centres that have less than 30 Facebook friends to build their networks. The Centre with the most friends by 7th May 2012 (just in time for Neighbourhood House week!) will win a digital still/video camera valued at $299, perfect for uploading your pics and videos to Facebook and your website!
To register for our competition:
- Go to facebook.com/Linkwest
- Write a comment on our “Facebook Challenge" post telling us that you are up for the challenge.
Some tips to get you building those friend numbers:
- Like Us and we will like you back…Voila! One more friend already!
- Use the Linkwest Facebook Page and make friends with our friends by clicking on their profile pictures and 'Liking' them.
- Go to the toolbar on the right-hand side of your Admin Panel, click Build Audience and link up with personal friends and your email contacts.
- Put posters up in your Centre inviting users to become your Centre Facebook friend. Don’t forget that they may need to go to www.facebook.com and add your Centre name to find you.
- Encourage people to join your Centre Facebook Page by placing all those who do in a raffle.
- Promote you page on your Centre website, course programs and all communications with your community.
- Go to http://fanpageflow.com/get-more-facebook-page-likes for lots more ideas.
Take up the challenge now and be in the chance to win!
This article was released: