What are Neighbourhood Centres?
- Whatever name they go by, each Neighbourhood Centre reflects the needs and aspirations of its own community and provides courses and activities in response to community input.
- Courses for adults and children are as diverse as the communities the Centre serves and can include arts & crafts, health & fitness, business & finance, computing & IT, and personal development.
- Most tutors are local volunteers.
- Activities offered by Centres include workshops, discussions, displays and social events.
- Many Centres are self-funded and members of the community are encouraged to help in the organisation, management and use of their Centre.
- Some Centres provide crèche during courses and some have youth groups, playgroups and after-school care.